Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Auditions, Preparation, Rejection... OH MY!

One of the three facets of my project it may seem I have been neglecting lately, but that is not true! I have been working extremely hard to finesse each of my four audition pieces for college prescreening auditions. Some of the pieces are rather new to me, while some I have sung what seems like a million times.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=GnJbQeGkxjQ

This first one is "I Hate Music" by Leonard Bernstein. It is the new song I learned for auditions, and I have to say I had some difficulty with it, but audition tapes are due, so I had to learn it fast! My voice teacher and I worked on tongue placement a lot for the higher notes. We also worked on keeping it "talky" in the lower range so it didn't sound breathy or pushed. 

One thing I have learned from my interviews and readings that is pertaining to me right now is how to accept rejection, and I am trying to prepare myself for that the best I can. As Janai told me "No two paths are the same." I just have to remember: rejection from one school might mean acceptance to another. So have a listen, and wish me luck! I will post the other audition songs soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment