Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

News!

Janai Brugger

The Met's Previous Production of Turandot

So, you've probably heard about Hurricane Sandy ravaging the east coast, and well, New York City was definitely not immune to Sandy. I was supposed to head up to NYC to interview Janai Brugger, who was supposed to have her opening night at the Metropolitan opera's production of Turandot by Puccini. Janai is playing LiĆ¹. Her opening night instead will be tomorrow night, November 2. However, due to the weather, I have decided to postpone my trip to both hear her sing in Turandot as well as interview her. I will be heading up next weekend to see her perform on November 9, and I will interview her the following Saturday. So, even though there was a hurricane, and the Met had to cancel a production, which has not happened in many years, it all turned out okay. I am super excited to see Janai in Turandot as well as interview her to hear about her personal journey and experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment