Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

O Sleep Why Dost Thou Leave Me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fEb9AtJLu4

This song is one of my other audition songs. It is from the opera Semele by Handel. I have been working on this song a little bit longer than the other one I posted. The hardest part of this song was the very opening phrase which is unaccompanied. I worked on soto di voce, which is when you start on straight tone and then slowly add and increase vibrato. I worked on vocal contrast between loud and soft, but I still have a long way to go. Hopefully, I get through the pre-screenings with this, but it's still a work in progress. I also really need to work on my breath control, but if I make it past pre-screenings I still have a few more months to prepare for the live auditions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment